Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's another recipe that came out of the Baker's Chocolate Famous Name Brand Recipes cookbook, 'Desserts for Chocolate Lovers.' Preparation time DOES NOT include the 3 hours needed in the refrigerator to set up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 13"x9" pan with foil, extending ends of foil over sides of pan to use later to lift out of pan.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter & 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan, then refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Microwave 6 of the chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- With electric mixer on medium, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar & vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Pour half of batter into medium bowl, & stir into it the melted chocolate.
- Pour this mixture over crust, then cover that with the remaining plain batter.
- Melt remaining 2 chocolate squares as directed on package, then drizzle over batter.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Using foil handles, remove cheesecake from pan, then cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.