Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's another recipe that came out of the Baker's Chocolate Famous Name Brand Recipes cookbook, 'Desserts for Chocolate Lovers.' Preparation time DOES NOT include the 3 hours needed in the refrigerator to set up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Line 13"x9" pan with foil, extending ends of foil over sides of pan to use later to lift out of pan.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter & 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan, then refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Microwave 6 of the chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- With electric mixer on medium, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar & vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Pour half of batter into medium bowl, & stir into it the melted chocolate.
- Pour this mixture over crust, then cover that with the remaining plain batter.
- Melt remaining 2 chocolate squares as directed on package, then drizzle over batter.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Using foil handles, remove cheesecake from pan, then cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
The taste was delicious, however I had to double the crumbs for the bottom, since there was hardly enough to cover a 9x13 pan. Also they never got very firm.
Mike your dessert is wonderful and so simple to make. We had company in from out of town and all but 2 pieces were gone amongst many oohhhhhhh and ahhhhhhhhhhs. I took some liberty and added strawberry slices to the top perimeter for decoration and flavor (ot that it needed it at all). Drizzled some chocolate over the strawberries and delish! Will make this often and for DH birthday cake as he loves cheesecake! WONDERFUL!! Made for teamate-Aus/NZ Swap July2010
Made this for the DS to take to his music recreation group were they enjoyed it. I made a half batch using an 8x8 pan and 3 ounces of chocolate in step 4 and 1 ounce in step 11. For the base (we don't get graham crackers) I used 1/2 packet (250g/packet) of milk arrowroot biscuits/cookies which I finely crumbed in the food processor giving me about a cup and used 40 grams of butter to mix into the crumbs, did add 1 tablespoon of sugar but think that this may be unnecessary, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence and 2 x 250g philidelphia cream and as we don't get whipped topping I whipped up 4 oz whipping cream to stiff peaks. The one thing I did notice was when I mixed in the melted chocolate into half the mix it seized up a little and I ended up with little chocolate chips through the mix but I don't think that detracted fromt he recipe. Thank you Sydney Mike, made for Aussie/Kiwi recipe swap #34 November 2009.