Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love cheesecake, I love chocolate .... this recipe is the best of both worlds. One layer of plain cheesecake and the other chocolate. One of my favorites when I want a little chocolate with my cheesecake.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesphiladelphia light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 (6 ounce) Oreo cookie pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup thawed cool whip light whipped topping
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- REMOVE 1 cup of the batter to small bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Pour into crust; top with remaining plain batter.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping and strawberries just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.