1/1 Photo of Chocolate Layer Cake for 2
1 hr 30 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found this recipe in the 2005 Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook.It was sent into them by Verna Mae Floyd from Highlands,Texas. The instructions were changed around just a bit to make them less confusing to a novice baker.I used milk instead of water for the frosting.This cake is just perfect for two, they can have two pieces each.( But not at the same time, unless you are really craving cake ;) )cooling time is included in prep time.Submitted to "ZAAR" on January 23, 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small add first 5 ingredients, combining well,and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar until smooth.
- 4Then add egg and vanilla to creamed mixture.
- 5Add 3/4 cup milk and dry ingredients a little at a time to the egg/shortening mixture until smooth and creamy.
- 6Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan.
- 7Bake for 30 to 35 or, until toothpick is inserted between the center and edge of pan and comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes then finish cooling completely on wire rack.
- 9In a medium sized mixing bowl,cream butter.
- 10Add powdered sugar, cocoa,vanilla, and enough milk to reach a desired spreading consistancy.
- 11Cut cake in half, top half with 1/2 cup of frosting,spreading evenly.
- 12Place remaining cake half on top of iced cake half.
- 13Take remaining frosting and frost top and rounded side of cake.
- 14Enjoy !
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Layer Cake for 2
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1009.6
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 567.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 123.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g