Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is so moist and rich. The best chocolate cake. Easy to make.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) pkge. dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) pkge. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and chocolate syrup. Beat until ingredients are well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Spoon into 2 greased and floured 9 inch layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.