Recipe by MountainCook
You really need to cool the batter before you cook these. The first two (negative) reviews were when I had Splenda in the ingredients list - now I've gone back to the original sugar. But really, the Splenda worked for me, too.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Sift dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and blend with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next.
- Beat on high until batter is creamy and begins to lighten in color (approximately 4 minutes.).
- Chill batter.
- Preheat oven to 375?.
- Coat 6 muffin tins with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins, using 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter for each muffin.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Outside should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.