You really need to cool the batter before you cook these. The first two (negative) reviews were when I had Splenda in the ingredients list - now I've gone back to the original sugar. But really, the Splenda worked for me, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- 2Stir in the vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and salt.
- 4Sift dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and blend with an electric mixer.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next.
- 6Beat on high until batter is creamy and begins to lighten in color (approximately 4 minutes.).
- 7Chill batter.
- 8Preheat oven to 375?.
- 9Coat 6 muffin tins with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- 10Spoon batter into the muffin tins, using 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter for each muffin.
- 11Bake for 12-13 minutes. Outside should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Lava Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 181.6 mg
- Sodium 252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g