Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
You really need to cool the batter before you cook these. The first two (negative) reviews were when I had Splenda in the ingredients list - now I've gone back to the original sugar. But really, the Splenda worked for me, too.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Sift dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and blend with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next.
- Beat on high until batter is creamy and begins to lighten in color (approximately 4 minutes.).
- Chill batter.
- Preheat oven to 375?.
- Coat 6 muffin tins with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins, using 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter for each muffin.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Outside should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.
This was so bitter! I couldn't even swallow the bite. Oh, and no lava.....
This recipe didn't turn out well at all. For starters the recipe has a question mark after the temperature to cook at so I wasn't sure if it was 375 or not. I did cook at 375 and the muffins came out very dry. Thus no lava. I had made them for company and was very disappointed.