Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines cake mix *only* for this the other brands will not work as well.
Top Review by susanmc615
Enjoyed it! I was initially looking for a tunnel of fudge cake as per hubby's request. But alas all of those called for nuts in the recipe and that it was necessary...so plan B led me to your recipe. I might leave the cinnamon out next time. I also want to try other cake and pudding combinations.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker cake mix)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (use only mayo for this)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer beat the cake mix with the mayo, water, eggs and cinnamon for 30 seconds on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the two packages of pudding mix with 2 cups water, 2 cups milk and 1/3 cup sugar; beat on low speed until blended.
- Pour on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted along edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm.