Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A luscious chocolate cake with a molten center, this recipe comes from Dee Dee McCabe who shares it on Pinterest. She declares it is the absolute easiest crockpot dessert ever. Yes, it's made in your crockpot! She strongly recommends using a liner in your crockpot to facilitate cleanup. This is a 5 (yes, five!)-ingrediemt dessert and the most popular recipe on her blog, says McCabe. Feel free to substitutle ice cream for the whipped cream topping
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (Duncan Hines suggested)
- 3 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pudding mix, chocolate flavor
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fit a crockpot liner into your crockpot.
- Put the first 4 ingredients into the bowl of your electric mixer and mix well. Pour batter into the lliner fitted into your crockpot.
- Prepare the chocoate pudding by adding the cold milk to the pudding mix and mixing according to package directions. Pour pudding directly onto the batter layer in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips everly over the pudding layer.
- Cover and cook on HI heat for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours; check after 2 hours. Cake is ready when it is still moist but not jiggly. You will see little volcanos of spitting chocolate on the surface.
- Prepare whipped cream. Combine whipping cream, sour cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix well with mixer.