Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a rich creamy, yet low-fat coffee flavored chocolate pudding. Delicious!
Top Review by rainboconfection
Yummy, Yummy. I made a couple changes due to my taste but this would have been creamy and yummy without. I used brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon instead ov white, omitted coffee, added 1oz finely chopped bittersweet chocolate and 1 egg at the proper times. Microwaved in my biggest mixing bowl, watching closely and WOW - what a treat!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder or 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and espresso powder, mix well.
- Gradually add milk, beating with wire whisk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool slightly; pour into 6 individual dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.