Recipe by Lissa_L
"This elegant derssert looks impressive, but it's quite easy to make. Scoop and measure ice cream just before layering, since the time it takes to do this allows the ice cream to soften to the perfect workable consistency. If you're takign the terrine to a party, transport it in a bag with ice packs to keep it frozen and store it in the freezer until ready to serve." From Shape magazine, this is lowfat and low-cal.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 473.18 ml light vanilla ice cream (such as Dreyer's Slow Churned)
- 9.85 ml Bourbon or 9.85 ml dark rum
- 2.46 ml grated nutmeg
- 118.29 ml roasted unsalted almonds, chopped, divided
- 59.14 ml dark chocolate-covered coffee beans, crushed, divided
- 709.77 ml latte low-fat ice cream (such as Starbucks)
- 946.36 ml low-fat chocolate ice cream (such as Dreyer's Slow Churned)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml pure maple syrup
- 14.79 ml whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9x4x2" metal baking pan with nonstick spray (this will help the plastic wrap stay in place). Line the pan with plastic wrap, allowing the plastic to extend 2-3" beyond the sides of the pan.
- Working quickly to prevent the ice cream from melting, stir the vanilla ice cream, bourbon or rum and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend. Spoon evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the almonds and half of the crushed espresso beans. Freeze first layer of terrine for 45 minutes. Remove from freezer and add latte ice cream layer. Sprnkle with remaining almonds and crushed espresso beans. Freeze for 45 minutes. Remove from freezer and spread chocolate layer. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, wisk the cocoa powder and maple syrup in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until the cocoa dissolves and the mixture thickens slightl, about 5 minutes. Wishk in milk. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat before using.).
- To serve, unwrap the ice cream terrine and invert onto a serving platter. Cut into 12 slices and arrange each on a plate. Drizzle with sauce.