Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from Center Cut Cook http://www.centercutcook.com/chocolate-lasagna/
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, cold
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (4 ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk, cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Love this dessert. I used crushed oreos for the topping vs. the chocolate chips. Also, I crushed the oreos in a large bagggie with a rolling pin. If you use a processor it makes the dessert very crumbed. It's is much tastier with larger chuncks of oreo.
This stuff is wonderful! Not too involved for a nice weekend dessert, but good enough for a holiday desert too. My only suggestion, I used double stuff cookies because it's what I had on hand, and it made the crushing a mess (I don't have a processor). Otherwise, two thumbs up!
This recipe is terrific!!!! My kids love it and I have made it 3 times in 3 weeks. Soo easy! My girls want to try topping with chocolate covered strawberries tonight. Great dessert for parties - loved by parents and kids alike!!!!