Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
A very simple, yet classy looking dessert to serve company - chocolatey cheesecake topped with a sweet sour cream topping drizzled with melted chocolate. I usually serve mine with some fresh raspberries as well as raspberry coulis and a sprig of mint. Cook time does not include several hours' or overnight chilling.
Top Review by nataliegoes
First found this recipe in my Pillsbury cookbook and have been making it for years. It's always a hit. It is a very large cheesecake, and the sour cream topping will start to turn yellow after about 5 days. Really too big for just the two of us, but is a great treat to take to parties.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted then cooled
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- mint or strawberries or raspberries or fruit, coulis (etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter 9-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, blend crust ingredients- wafer crumbs, almonds and melted and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press into bottom and up sides of pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs,one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate chips and beat well.
- Add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until edges are set.
- Centre of cheesecake will be soft.
- (Place shallow pan half full of water on lower oven rack to prevent cracking.) Cool in pan 5 minutes, then carefully remove sides of pan and cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cheesecake.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and drizzle over top in lace pattern.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
- Garnish with fresh mint and raspberries or raspberry coulis.