Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any Chocolate Lovers out there? This recipe came from a Robin Hood booklet that I've had for years.
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Melt chocolate with oil in the microwave on medium power for 2 minutes.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Add eggs, vanilla and milk to melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and half of the chocolate chips.
- Mix until batter is evenly moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
Well, these are definitely CHOCOLATE! But, they don't have much else going for them. I love chocolate, so they pass that test. The main problem that I found is that they need more! More pizazz, more flavor... They are kind of dry also. Maybe a dash of salt would enhance the flavor a little. I'm not sure if I'll make them again cause I've got a lot of other chocolate muffin recipes that are better.