Recipe by KaraRN
This aired on Food Network on Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee. Putting here for safe keeping.
Top Review by June P.
I was disappointed. Like bmcnichol, I also had to take a second look at the recipe to see what I missed. The cocoa powder was quickly absorbed and didn't seem to do what I thought it would. Yes, this is simply chocolate covered rice krispies. I don't think I'll make it again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal or 6 cups corn flakes cereal
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice or corn cereal to coat.
- Put cocoa powder in paper bag or re-sealable plastic container.
- Add cereal and shake until cereal is covered with cocoa powder.
- Add Sprinkles and shake again.