Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is such a yummy and decadent dessert. It is very impressive looking also. I have gotten a lot of oohs and aahs over this trifle. People always say it looks like it takes a long time to make but it is actually quite quick and easy to put together.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 16 ounces Cool Whip or 16 ounces fresh whipped cream
- 1 package Skor English toffee bits or 6 Skor candy bars, crushed up
- Prepare cake according to the box.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut the cake up into cubes.
- Combine pudding mix, milk and Kahlua.
- If it is too runny, set it aside in the fridge to allow it to thicken for 20 minutes.
- It will make it easier to work with.
- To assemble, use a pretty straight-sided glass bowl or trifle bowl.
- Layer the bottom with 1/2 the cake cubes making sure to line the sides of the bowl.
- I usually like to cut a few rectangular pieces to line the side with and then fill the inside with the cubes.
- Pour 1/2 the the pudding over the the cake layer making sure to spread it to the side of the bowl so you can see the layer.
- Spread 1/2 the Cool Whip on top of the pudding mix in the same manner.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the Skors bits on top of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat the layering with the rest of the ingredients ending with the Skors bits on top.
- Chill overnight before serving.
I have been making this trifle for years and have always received rave reviews. I usually make a from scratch dark chocolate cake and the cooked rather than instant pudding but have used the boxed and instant when I needed a quick dessert and either way it was a hit.
You want to talk about good? This is chocolatly, and so awesome I can't even tell you. I used a Wacky Cake recipe for the chocolate cake. I made regular pudding, as I don't care for the instant. I used Cool Whip, as I like how it holds up in the heat. I sprinkled with crushed walnuts on top and sprinkled them between the layers too along with the Skor bars. I used a huge punch bowl and doubled the recipe to make for my DD's college graduation party. It was a BIG HIT! This is one recipe just about EVERYONE LOVES! Next time I might try using cut up Butterfinger or Snickers candy in place of the Skor bars to change it up a bit. Thanks for sharing this one with us!