Recipe by *axxo*
VERY rich, decadent. A dessert worthy of a special occasion. I have been making this for many years, I got the original recipe from a Duncan Hines/Puritan Oil leaflet.
Top Review by BellyDancer
I made this with Godiva cappuccino liqueur in place of the kahlua and bourbon - oh yum!! I've made it for several parties and for work a couple of of times - it's easy to make and sooooo GOOD! Thanks Maggie 0507!
- 1 box duncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup puritan oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 3⁄4 cup of very strong black coffee
- 2 teaspoons instant cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients and beat for 4 minutes.
- Bake in a greased Bundt pan fo 50 minutes.
- let cool for 10 minutes before icing.
- ICING prep: Heat the butter, sugar and milk; boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and rapidly stir in chocolate chips, immediately pour over cake.