Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low-fat dessert that doesn't taste LOW-FAT!
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk, cold
- 1 package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon espresso or 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder (not crystals)
- 1 (8 ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons cold, strong coffee
- 1 9-inch low-fat chocolate graham cracker crust, such as keebler
- Pour cold milk into a medium bowl.
- Add pudding mix and coffee powder.
- Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping and Kahlua liqueur or cold, brewed coffee.
- Spoon into crust.
- Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Place pie in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving to soften.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Really easy to make and a great dessert. I think it is best to just keep it frozen and serve it. I put chocolate sauce over the top with whip cream on the side. Everyone loved it.
This recipe is amazing. *Especially* for being decently low calorie. I made it, and my fiancee ate two pieces right away. Everyone should try this once, it's easy to make and tastes great.
This dish tasted great, BUT I found that the milk and the pudding didn't mix as well as I'd anticipated, and I had to beat that mixture longer than 2 minutes to get rid of the lumps. I only had instant coffee crystals, but with about a minute or two with my mortar and pestle, I had coffee powder! I grated a bit of chocolate into the whipped topping and over the top of the pie before freezing - just great. I thawed the pie for closer to 1.5 hours before serving, and liked it very much, and think I prefer that to a totally frozen dessert. This really is a nice, light dessert that satisfies a sweet tooth, yet isn't too rich or sweet. I will make this again and again.