Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The name says it all. This is great on top of cakes or cupcakes, spice cakes and sweet breads.
Make and share this Chocolate Kahlua Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 88.74 ml boiling water
- 29.58 ml Kahlua
- 118.32 ml butter, softened
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- Place the cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl and pour in the boiling water and Kahlua.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the cocoa comes together into a soft mass.
- Add the butter and blend with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is soft and well combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the confectioners' sugar and cinnamon and beat with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the frosting lightens and is fluffy, 2 minutes more.
A great topping for Hershey's Dark Chocolate cake. Just the right consistency. Thanks!
Great icing! I used it to top Texas Sheet Cake. When it was a bit thick for my purposes, I thinned it with a bit of amaretto. Thanks for sharing, V!
I made this a little thin and then drizzled it over Mexican Chocolate Pound Cake. Delicious! I love the subtle cinnamon flavor. Mmmmmmm!