Recipe by Perfect Pixie
My dad asked me to make this for him the other day, so I did, it went down a hit. My mum used to make this years ago so it is an old family recipe
- 200 g chocolate chip cookies
- 75 g butter, melted
- 150 g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1⁄4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 150 g white chocolate, broken into squares
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 500 g creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- process the chocolate chip cookies in a food processor until fine.
- add the butter and mix to make damp crumbs.
- press into the base of a lined, shallow-sided 22cm cake tin.
- refridgerate while preparing the filling.
- put the dark chocolate, first measure of cream and liqueur in a heatproof bowl and melt gently over hot, not boiling, water.
- melt the white chocolate with the second measure of cream in the same manner.
- beat together cream fraiche and sugar and divide in half.
- stir the dark chocolate into one portion of cream fraiche and the white chocolate into the other.
- gently swirl the two mixtures together and pour into the prepared base.
- refridgerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- it will set softly.
- serve straight from the fridge.
- cut into 12 thin wedges and accompany with seasoned fruit.