1/2 Photos of Chocolate Kahlua Cake
Sue Lau's Note:
Dark and decadent. A great dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cake
- 3 eggs, separated
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml cold coffee
- 177.44 ml Kahlua
For the Frosting
- 1Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Beat egg whites until frothy; then add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 4Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy; add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 5Sift flour, cocoa, and baking soda together in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture alternatively with coffee and Kahlua, blending well.
- 6Fold egg whites into batter.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until done; cool 10 minutes; invert on wire rack; remove pans.
- 9Cool completely before frosting.
- 10To prepare frosting, cream butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl.
- 11Add cocoa, Kahlua, and coffee, beating until smooth.
- 12Spread frosting on cake; garnish cake with shaved chocolate, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Kahlua Cake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.3
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.1 mg
- Sodium 337.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 89.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g