Recipe by Lisa in Oregon
If you like kalhua you'll like this cake.. soooo easy to make, enjoy!
Top Review by mostrah
This was just the bees knees! I had a special guest for dinner and the family inhaled it! It was so moist and chocolately it need only simple garnishment. I dollop of whipped cream and a few chocolate sprinkles and dessert was on! I did add a 1/3 cup of flour for high altitude, though. Sure was a special finish to a great meal and I sent 4 pieces home with the visiting folks, by request. Thanks for a wonderful keeper!
- 1 package plain devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- lightly grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan (shake out extra flour) mix cake mix, pudding mix, kalhua, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl, with a electric mixer beat for 1 minute,scrap the sides of the bowl, and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- pour batter in the pan and bake for 45-47 minutes, cool for 20 minutes.
- run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake and transfer to a plate.
- make the glaze of confectioners sugar and kalhua and mix well.
- spoon glaze over cake and allow it drip over sides and in center.