1 hr 15 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A friend of mine went to Las Vegas and came back talking about a Kahlua cake smothered in chocolate sauce that she enjoyed while there on vacation. It sounded so good that I just HAD to come up with one of my own. This is the results of my efforts. It was pretty good still warm, but I like it better after chilling all night. Almost like a pudding/cake consistancy. Very dense, rich and chocolatly. The glaze chilled to a soft shell that I enjoy very much. The leftover glaze can be re-heated to pour warm over the servings on the plate which contrasts very nicely with the cool cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 celsius).
- 2Spray or oil the inside of a bundt cake pan.
- 3Beat together the first 6 ingredients until well mixed.
- 4Fold in toffee pieces.
- 5Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 6Place a cake plate on top if the bundt pan and turn to remove the cake.
- 7Allow to cool completely.
- 8Poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
- 9To prepare the glaze, microwave the frozen whipped topping and the chocolate squares on high in a microwavable bowl for 1 minute; stir.
- 10Microwave for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and mixture is shiny and smooth.
- 11Stir in 4 tablespoons of the Kahlua.
- 12Pour over cooled cake allowing the glaze to go into the holes and down the sides and middle of the cake; sprinkle with additional toffee pieces if desired.
- 13If you have leftover glaze, store it in the refrigerator and just before serving the cake, microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until glaze is softened.
- 14Pour leftover glaze over servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Kahlua Cake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.0
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 494.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g