Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in a local paper. Very easy, so I had to try it. Extremely moist and very chocolatey! Would be nice for a party or informal get together. The batter is extremely thick, don't be alarmed, this is correct. Not for dieting, but a great treat once in awhile. Enjoy.
- 517.37 g package devil's food cake mix
- 453.59 g sour cream
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 78.07 ml Kahlua
- 85.04 g package instant vanilla pudding
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except powdered sugar just until mixed. Spread into greased bundt pan (10 inch).
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This is the most simplest recipe for a delicious chocolate cake ever! The cake is light like a sponge cake, but yet full of chocolate flavor like a brownie. The Kahlua stands out wonderfully. I didn't have my bundt pan available, so I used two 8" round pans and baked for 30 minutes. Served warm with all the chocolaty chip goodness. Next time I may add some chopped pecans to the batter. Thanks for a keeper recipe. :)
This is close to recipe I have used for many years!! In a recipe book still stored away, so I used this one. I want to tell anyone who would like to make or does make this cake I do a few things different. I use triple chocolate cake mix, & do not add extra pudding. You can play with the flavors of cake if using chocolate cake mix. I love the mixture of flavored chocolate in this mix. Lastly I use about 1/2 pkg of chocolate chips too. Either milk or semi chips. I have to say too, if the Kahlua runs over the measure cup amount, OH WELL! not by a lot though. Enjoy