Recipe by Joy Gifford
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It is more like a spice cookie, with a hint of chocolate.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs and molasses, mix well.
- Slowly add in cocoa and ground cloves and vanilla.
- Add buttermilk to mixture and beat well.
- In seperate bowl mix together dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- slowly mix in dry ingredient mixture, stirring well.
- Refrigerate dough for 3 hours.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, cut with donut cutter.
- Bake at 350 for 10- 12 minutes.
- Cool and Frost with confectioners icing.