Recipe by Diana #2
It only took one bite to put me in "Dessert Heaven", and you won't believe how easy it is to make. :) I was first introduced to this cake at my daughter's wedding reception. This was just one of the dessert choices. Kelly spoke with the caterer, (thank you Debbie) and she was gracious enough to give us her recipe. She also gave us the recipe for the salad.....Kelly's Wedding Salad - Kelly's Wedding Salad Note: The glaze is my own recipe. The caterer used chocolate frosting. Cooking time does not include the time needed for baking and cooling the cake.
- 1 (510 g) package devil's food cake mix (2 layer size)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (I use Fry's)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream (500ml)
- 1 (92 g) package instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake according to package directions. This can be baked in either a 9 x 13, 2 - 8 x 8's or a bundt pan. Allow to cool.
- In a microwaveable container, heat cocoa, butter and water for 20 seconds. Stir, then heat for an additional 10 seconds.
- Beat until smooth, using an electric mixer, while adding icing sugar in 1/4 cup increments. Set aside to cool. If once cooled, the glaze is too thick, it may be thinned by stiring in warm water, 1/2 tsp at a time until desired consistancy is reached.
- Add pudding mix to the whipping cream, and beat until firm peaks form. Set aside.
- Cut the cooled cake into layers. (cut the 9x13 in half , to form two 9 x 6-1/2" layers).
- Set aside some of the cream mixture for decorating the top.
- Spread cream mixture on top of bottom layer, top with the second cake layer. If you have more than two layers -- continue in this fashion, ending with a cake layer.
- Spread the chocolate glaze on the top layer. Decorate with remaining cream.