You have to try this. Mix a bit of that "coffee-flavored liqueur" into the frosting you choose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (3 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee or 1/2 cup espresso
- 1 1/2 cups white flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease two 8 inch cake pans and dust with flour.
- 3In the top of a double boiler, over hot, not boiling, water, melt the chocolate with the coffee and brown sugar, cool and add liqueur.
- 4With an electric mixer, combine the butter and granulated sugar, beating until light. Beat in eggs, then the chocolate mixture. Add dry ingredients to batter gradually, alternating with milk, until batter is smooth.
- 5Pour batter into cake pans and bake on middle rack for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Remove from oven and cool before removing from pans.
- 7Spread your favorite chocolate icing and perhaps garnish with chocolate covered coffee beans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Java Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 7.1 g