Recipe by TLizSkinn
I've had this one for years,Can't remember who I got it from. But these are very good.
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan.
- Stir in coffee, remove from heat and let cool.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add alternating flour mixture and sour cream, ending with flour.
- Stir in coconut if using.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes.
- In saucepan melt together chocolate, sour cream and butter.
- Remove from heat Gradually blend in confectioners sugar.
- until spreading consistancy (thin& creamy).
- Spread on warm cookies.
- Let cool after icing.