Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a great 2 tone cake in which the syrupy chocolate batter "does its own thing" to the white batter. It is extremely moist and very pretty when sliced.
Top Review by almoslema
This cake is very delicious and all the family can't imagine that I made it by myself. By the way , this is the first recipe I tried from this site . I think that the beginning is good.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (15 ounce) canof prepared dark chocolate frosting (or your favorite chocolate frosting recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter, gradually adding sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Blend in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine milk and vanilla and add alternately with dry ingredients, ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Turn two thirds of the batter into well greased and floured tube pan.
- Add to remaining batter the chocolate syrup and baking soda and mix well.
- Spoon chocolate batter over white batter.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Bake for 65 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for about 15 minutes on rack and remove from pan.
- Cool completely and then frost.