Recipe by jamiej
This is a dense chocolate cake with coffee spiked creme anglaise. I found the recipe on cooksrecipes.com in '04 and have made it quite often, when I do everyone loves it. the anglaise just gives it that extra special touch.
- 8 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
COFFEE CREME ANGLAISE SAUCE
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CAKE:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Microwave bars in medium bowl on high for 1 min.Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth, cool to lukewarm.
- Beat sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in small mixing bowl for about 4 minute or until thick and pale yellow. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually beat in flour. Spread into prepared springform pan.
- bake for 25-28 min (wooden pick inserted in center will be moist). Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minute remove side of pan; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve with Coffee Creme Anglaise sauce.
- FOR THE COFFEE CREME ANGLAISE SAUCE:.
- Combine sugar and coffee graduals in a medium saucepan; stir in milk. Cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a simmer. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk half of the hot milk mixture into egg yolks; return mixture back to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 min or until mixture is lightly thickened. Strain into small bowl; stir in vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.