1/2 Photos of Chocolate Intemperance
This is a wonderful thick, rich chocolate drink that is delish as is, or as a base; blend it with ice and make it a smoothie! Either way, it's fantastic! Source: internet. Note: you can use 1 tsp. cinnamon, for the vanilla, all are optional or 1 tablespoon espresso powder, for the vanilla, all are optional
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or can sub espresso powder or 1 tsp. cinnamon(all of these are optional) (optional)
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate or 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cocoa, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly whisk in the water, then the flavor of your choice, if using, and the milk or cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, whisking till chocolate melts. Pour into a bowl, and stir ooccasionally as it cools, to prevent a skin from forming. Pour into a jar or other storage container, and lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the chocolate, again to prevent a skin from forming. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 2To serve:.
- 3Serve as is in very small glasses; it's thick and it's rich. To make one frozen smoothie, place 1/3 cup of chocolate base in a blender. Add about 1 cup ice cubes(and 1 oz. of the spirit of your choice, if desired, and blend till smooth. Alternately, blend with chunks of banana, or a scoop of ice cream.
- 4Feeling intemperate? Add vodka and coffee liqueur to 1/3 to 1/2 cup chocolate base for the best sweet martini ever! To rim glass with cinnamon sugar, mix
- 51 teaspoons cinnamon with 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar and 1 tablespoons granulated sugar. Wipe the edge of the glass with a wet cloth, then dip it into the sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Intemperance
Serving Size: 1 (1139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.5
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 192.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g