Recipe by pheebess
This is the easiest, yet most impressive dessert I have come across. It is so beautiful by the end that you almost don't want to cut it...until you taste a slice! I substituted Semi-Sweet chocolate for the Bittersweet, and it tasted just as good. Also, I had to bake this an extra 5 or 10 minutes.
Top Review by CateringbyKimberly
It seems to be missing something. I used Scharffenberger bittersweet chocolate. The flavor was good, but the consistency wasn't as moist and fluffy as I would think for a recipe with 4 eggs well beaten.
- 6 ounces baker's bittersweet baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup fresh berries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted; cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until thickened. Add chocolate mixture; stir with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add four; stir until well blended. Pour into greased and floured 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To garnish, arrange some fresh berries in the center of the cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar.