Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Combine milk and butter in saucepan; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Blend in chocolate.
- Stir in vanilla and sugar.
- Beat until spreading consistency.
- If necessary, thin with a few drops of milk.
Tastes great, but wasn't the fluffy icing I was looking (or hoping) for.
This is a wonderful icing for Fudge Ribbon Cake. My grandmother gave me this recipe, along with the one for the cake, but hers actually calls for 2 envelopes of Nestle Choco Bake, rather than chocolate chips. In any case, both the cake and the icing are excellent. Thanks for posting!