Recipe by mielhollinger
This icing is the perfect finishing touch-- velevty and oh-so-smooth. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the flour and water constantly over medium heat until thick (about the consistency of glue).
- Be careful not to burn it!
- Once thick, remove from heat and cool off completely by setting the pot in a slightly larger pan of cold water, or a sink with a bit of cold water.
- While it's cooling, in a medium bowl, mix together the sweetener, vanilla, margarine, and cocoa powder until well mixed.
- Add the cooled flour mixture to the bowl and stir together until there are no lumps.
- Let cool in the fridge for 30-60 minutes-- before using.