Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is another great signature dessert from our famous (but no longer extant) local restaurant Lulubelle's. Lulubelle's was a great place to eat; ladies loved to lunch there. But men ate there, too. The alternate name for this delicious dessert is "Father's Favorite Dessert!" This needs to be made a day ahead.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, divided
- 3 eggs, separated and separately beaten, the whites until stiff
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Butter the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix crumbs with 1 teaspoon of the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Reserve.
- Cream the remaining butter and sugar.
- Combine the beaten egg yolks with the next four ingredients and blend well. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Line buttered bottom of baking pan with 1/2 of crumbs mixture. Top with chocolate mixture and remaining crumbs.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Note: This recipe contains raw eggs. Because there is a slight risk of salmonella poisoning associated with raw eggs, you should be sure to use the freshest eggs possible.