6 hrs 20 mins
Yummy, delicious, and just beautiful garnished with whipped cream and some fresh strawberries or raspberries. Easily prepared the day before. From the Southern Chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line sides and bottom of loaf pan with split ladyfingers, curved sides against the pan.
- 2Prepare filling by steaming marshmallows and chocolate with milk and salt in the top of a double boiler until the mixture is soft; blend thoroughly.
- 3Remove from heat and chill.
- 4When cold, combine with whipped cream.
- 5Arrange alternate layers of split ladyfingers and chocolate mixture in the loaf pan.
- 6Chill for six hours or more.
- 7Turn out onto a chilled plate.
- 8Serve with additional whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Icebox Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 150.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: