Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Chocolate, fruit and ice cream. Another cream cheese variation of mine that I know you'll just love! Eat by itself -or- with the raspberry sauce with a little dollop of whip cream. Mmm, you'll be dreaming about this dessert even hours after you've fell asleep!
- NOTE: You may add 1/2 pack of any flavor of Jello gelatin to cream cheese for another flavor variation. And also you may use any flavored ice cream of your choice.
- Prepare graham cracker crust as instructions define and set in refrigerator until cream cheese is ready.
- If cream cheese is softened then in a blender mix to break up, then add sugar and mix until blended.
- Add half pack of of Jello mix to cream cheese, blend until cream cheese has an even color.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour in an 8x9 inch baking pan.
- Making sure your ice cream is softened, not melted add 1 pint of your favorite chocolate ice cream on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or at least until ice cream is firm.
- Take your cream cheese out of the fridge and empty contents out of pan (if you need help take a torch and set flame all over bottom until you are sure it is ready to move. Make sure you keep torch moving so the graham cracker crust wont burn).
- If you don't have a torch or have one but do not feel comfortable using one just make a Ban Marie with a larger baking dish.
- That is simply placing your dish for about 1 minute inside another larger one with hot boiling water resting around it.
- Be sure not to set it there to long less your dish will melt.
- Melt your chocolate using a double boiler until smooth adding (if you want to) 2 tbsp of butter to insure that your chocolate wont crack while cooling.
- If cheese cake can be removed from pan then cut into 9 individual even pieces.
- Set cheese cakes on top of wire rake setting on top of a cake pan or cookie sheet.
- You must allow space for the chocolate to drip.
- Make sure all sides are covered as even as possible.
- Refrigerate until cheese cakes are set firm to your liking.
- At least 1 hour in the coolest part of your refrigerator.
- In a sauce pot add your frozen raspberries and 4 tablespoons of super fine granulated sugar (or whatever sugar you can find EXCEPT POWDERED SUGAR).
- Cook for 10 minutes or until raspberries are completely softened.
- TO SERVE: In a dessert bowl add a cream cheese and chocolate ice cream square and drizzle raspberries around it, with tiny dollops of whip cream on top.
- Or, On a pie plate add your cheesecake square a dollop of whip cream on top and a spoonful of heated raspberries in they're sauce on top of the whipped cream.
- Or, Just eat plain for a lighter dessert.
- NOTE: If you do not have a double boiler you may use a microwave.
- However to prevent chocolate from burning take a regular sauce pot fill it about 1 quarter of the way full with water and boil it until boiling rapidly.
- Take a glass bowl and set on top of sauce pot, add your chocolate and mix with a plastic spatula (the kind you ice cakes with).
- However any utensil will do.
- CAUTION: MAKE SURE THE GLASS BOWL YOU USE ISN'T COMBUSTIBLE!