Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from my old recipe book. Different way to enjoy ice-cream.
Make and share this Chocolate Ice-Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 180 g plain chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 90 g butter, melted
- 1 liter chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 60 g chocolate, broken into squares
- 150 ml double cream or 150 ml whipping cream
- cigar wafer biscuit, to serve
- Put the crushed digestive biscuits into mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir well until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumbs mixture against the base and sides of a 23cm pie dish.
- Chill for at least 15 min until firm.
- Put the ice-cream in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat until the ice-cream is soft and smooth.
- Spoon the ice-cream into the crumb base and smooth level.
- Freeze for 6 to 7 hours or until firm.
- Put the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl.
- Stand over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- stirring occasionally, until the chocolate melts.
- Cool slightly.
- Drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the surface of the ice-cream, then return to the freezer.
- Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks.
- Use to pipe a simple design round the edge of the pie.
- To serve- Allow the ice-cream pie to stand at room temperature for 15 min to soften slightly, then cut into wedges and transfer to serving plates.
- Serve with cigar wafers.