ida ku zaifah's Note:
Got this from my old recipe book. Different way to enjoy ice-cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the crushed digestive biscuits into mixing bowl.
- 2Add the melted butter and stir well until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- 3Press the crumbs mixture against the base and sides of a 23cm pie dish.
- 4Chill for at least 15 min until firm.
- 5Put the ice-cream in a mixing bowl.
- 6Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat until the ice-cream is soft and smooth.
- 7Spoon the ice-cream into the crumb base and smooth level.
- 8Freeze for 6 to 7 hours or until firm.
- 9Put the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl.
- 10Stand over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- 11stirring occasionally, until the chocolate melts.
- 12Cool slightly.
- 13Drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the surface of the ice-cream, then return to the freezer.
- 14Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks.
- 15Use to pipe a simple design round the edge of the pie.
- 16To serve- Allow the ice-cream pie to stand at room temperature for 15 min to soften slightly, then cut into wedges and transfer to serving plates.
- 17Serve with cigar wafers.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ice-Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 296.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g