Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A cool and delicious treat!
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/3 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- In a bowl combine butter and cracker crumbs; set aside 2 T. for garnish.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of ungreased 10-in. springform pan.
- Place onto baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mixes, and ice cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of Cool Whip and pour over crust.
- Cover and freeze for about an hour or until firm.
- Spread with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 15 minute before serving.
Cool and refreshing, is right! I did make a few changes; I added chopped pecans to plain graham crackers and substituted lemon flavored instant pudding (instead of chocolate) My family loved it! I will definetly make again. Thanks!
Delicious, refreshing summertime dessert! This is one of the desserts I contributed to a family Pool Party/BBQ. Everyone enjoyed this from my 11 month old great-niece to my sister-in-law's senior parents!! The pudding makes the ice-cream very fudgey & smooth. I used a glass 8" square pan & didn't have any trouble getting the dessert out of the pan. To save on some fat and calories, I used fat-free pudding, skim milk & ultra low fat Cool Whip. I think this would probably also work well with frozen yogurt or low-fat ice-cream.