1/1 Photo of Chocolate Ice-Cream Cake Roll
We brought this to a dinner party, and it was one of three desserts there but the first to go! Drizzle chocolate syrup and or raspberry sauce over the top of each slice just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and lightly flour a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan, and set aside.
- 2Stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl beat egg yolks and vanilla with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes or till thick and lemon colored.
- 4Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar beating on high till sugar is almost completely dissolved.
- 5Thoroughly wash beaters.
- 6In separate bowl beat egg whites on medium speed till soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form.
- 8Fold egg yolk mixture in with egg whites.
- 9Sprinkle flour mixture over egg mixture, folding gently just till combined.
- 10Spread batter evenly in the pan.
- 11Bake 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 12Cake should spring back when touched lightly.
- 13Immediately loosen edges of cake and turn over on towel lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- 14Roll the cake up w/ the towel jelly roll style, short end to short end.
- 15Cool on wire rack, unroll and spread w/ softened ice cream.
- 16Roll up again wrap in plastic wrap and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ice-Cream Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 79.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g