Recipe by Ingrid S
This is an excellent substitute for real ice cream. I've slipped it past several picky eaters with success!! I found the basis on a low-carb site and tweaked it to make it more ice cream like.
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
I've been intrigued by this recipe for a while, and finally had the chance to try it out today. I followed exactly but cut way back on the Splenda. I don't have the packets, only the box, and according to the serving info on the box, I would have needed 10 tsp of Splenda to convert 5 packets! I was sure this would be way too much, so I only used about 2 tsp. At first I didn't really care for the consistency of the ice cream. Once I got over the first impression, I liked it more. I think the raspberry version would be very tasty. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 6 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- mix all ingredients but ice in the blender.
- add ice and blend to a soft-serve consistency.
- You can add sugar free coffee syrups to this as well - caramel and hazelnut are great with chocolate.
- You can also use frozen raspberries, sugar free raspberry syrup and a bit less ice instead of chocolate!