Recipe by Aroostook
A nice custard ice cream for summer!
Top Review by fishanyone
The best homemade ice cream I've ever had. Used Scharfenberger bittersweet chocolate, and added a Tablespoon of cold brewed coffee to bring out the flavor. Very rich, and keeps well. Made it 5 days ago, and ate the last scoop this eveing with just a slight change in texture fro the first evening. Will definitely make this over and over! Thank you.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, flour and salt together.
- Add eggs to mixture& stir.
- Heat the milk and melt the chocolate in it.
- Combine the mixtures and cook over med.
- Low heat using heavy-bottomed pan until slightly thickened.
- Cool and add the cream and vanilla.
- Strain and freeze using manufacturer's instructions.