Recipe by AshleyP
Another one of my Great Grandmother's recipes. I suppose you could use Cool-Whip, but my Grandmother never did for this recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 baked pastry shells
- heavy cream, whipped (1 small carton)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in heavy saucepan the sugar, flour and cocoa.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add milk, beaten egg and butter.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly in pan.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- Chill several hours or until thick.
- Pour into a baked pastry shell.
- Top with whipped cream. (You can sweeten it with 1 or 2 teaspoons powdered sugar).
- Keep refrigerated.