Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
YUMMMMM! is the only word that pops into my mind when I make this! Its quite easy to make, and great to do with the kids also! This Slice can also be made with other chocolate bars such as mars bars, cherry ripes, snickers, or even polly waffles. Hence the name teehee. Please note: chilling time is included in cooking time.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 100 g butter
- 200 g plain sweet biscuits, finely crushed
- 3 (50 g) chocolate-coated honeycomb candy (I use violet crumble bars)
- 200 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line the base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm over the pan edge.
- In a small saucepan, combine condensed milk and butter. Stir over a low heat for 2 - 3 minutes, until the butter has melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer butter mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the crushed biscuits and 2/3 of the chopped violet crumbles. Press firmly into the prepared pan using a fork. Chill for 3 minutes, until firm.
- Melt chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Pour over the slice. Sprinkle with remaining Violet Crumble. Chill for 25 minutes, until firm.
- Using a hot knife, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
A nice easy slice, Bree! You're right it would be great to do with kids. I'm afraid I crushed my honeycomb a little too fine as I used a food processor, but it still tastes great- very rich though, have small slices!