Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Came across this recipe long ago in a Fry's Cocoa recipe booklet and enjoyed them as a chocolate version of rice krispie squares. I don't use the peanuts.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows or 30 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- In a large saucepan melt butter and stir in cocoa powder.
- Add honey and marshmallows. Cool over low heat stirring constantly until marshmallows and honey are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add rice cereal and peanuts and stir mixture until it is well combined.
- Press lightly into a well buttered 8 or 9 inch square cake pan. Cool and cut into squares. Makes about 16 squares depending on how you cut them.