Recipe by Erindipity
I was looking for a way to jazz up a chocolate cake mix and found this on recipes4cakes.com. The cake got rave reviews at a potluck when I made it and I want to make sure I don't lose the recipe. The cooking time for the cake is approximate as each mix may have a slightly different time.
- 18 ounces fudge cake mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake per directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar until smooth.
- On low speed, mix in evaporated milk and vanilla, then beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread cream mixture over cake.
- Microwave frosting for 30 seconds or until melted, spread over cake and chill until set.