Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sift together flour,baking powder,salt and cinnamon.
- Cream shortening,add sugar gradually,cream until fluffy.
- Add egg to creamed mixture with chocolate,blend well.
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Stir in dry ingredients,rasins and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies and cool on wire rack.