1/2 Photos of Chocolate Hedgehog Slice
An Aussie treat. Biscuits are the Australian term for cookies. This needs to refrigerate for a couple of hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g broken biscuits (shortbread) or 453.59 g cookie (shortbread)
- 236.59 ml butter
- 473.18 ml sugar (fine grain)
- 236.59 ml sultana (raisins)
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1Break up biscuits into bits. Not crumbed, just pieces no larger the size of a quarter.
- 2In large pan melt the butter, then add the sugar, sultanas and cocoa. Heat and keep mixing until hot but not boiling.
- 3Take off the heat.
- 4Mixing very quickly, add the beaten eggs in small amounts incorporating each lot before adding the next.
- 5Fold in broken biscuits.
- 6Press mixture into a foil lined tray (30x25cm).
- 7Refrigerate to set for a couple of hours.
- 8To make the icing / frosting:.
- 9Mix the icing sugar, 4 T cocoa and 2 T melted butter with enough milk to give a spreadable consistency.
- 10Beat until smooth.
- 11Spread over the hedgehog and leave until it has set.
- 12I store this slice in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Hedgehog Slice
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g