Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Aussie treat. Biscuits are the Australian term for cookies. This needs to refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- 1 lb broken biscuits (shortbread) or 1 lb cookie (shortbread)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar (fine grain)
- 1 cup sultana (raisins)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk (or enough to get a good spreading consistency)
- Break up biscuits into bits. Not crumbed, just pieces no larger the size of a quarter.
- In large pan melt the butter, then add the sugar, sultanas and cocoa. Heat and keep mixing until hot but not boiling.
- Take off the heat.
- Mixing very quickly, add the beaten eggs in small amounts incorporating each lot before adding the next.
- Fold in broken biscuits.
- Press mixture into a foil lined tray (30x25cm).
- Refrigerate to set for a couple of hours.
- To make the icing / frosting:.
- Mix the icing sugar, 4 T cocoa and 2 T melted butter with enough milk to give a spreadable consistency.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over the hedgehog and leave until it has set.
- I store this slice in the refrigerator.
This is a delicious classic from my childhood. It vanished fast !! Made for ZWT8.