Recipe by JNS
There are lots of recipes for Hedgehog. This one is especially rich but just as easy to make.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Went on a chocolate overload with these! Delicious..... The size for the baking pan was not given, so I used a 9x13. Never having made hedgehog before, wasn't sure how they should look! As you can see, mine came out very thin (I may have chopped the nuts a little too finely!) I used crushed graham crackers instead of the sweet biscuits. For the icing, instead of water, I used a little of Recipe #142111. Will definitely have these again! Thnx for sharing your recipe, JNS. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
For the slice
- 160 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (mix of hazelnuts, walnuts & almonds)
- 12 glace cherries, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g crushed plain sweet biscuits
For the icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- For the slice :.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan over a low heat, add cocoa and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add beaten egg.
- Place all other ingredients into a bowl. Add melted mixture and stir well.
- Press into pan and chill until set.
- Spread with the icing.
- For the icing:.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa together and add water.
- Mix to a smooth consistency, adding more water if needed.
- Sprinkle with some extra coconut if you like.
- Chill until set and then cut into squares.